The first weekend in August, we packed the Pilot and headed to IN for a quick trip to not only visit Evan's family, but for the big reason::: to meet our adorable and extremely good newest nephew, Beck Carter! He was born June 19th, so he was about 6 wks old at the time and let me tell ya, I will take a baby like him any day. He hardly cried the whole time we were there, was content, and even practically sleeping thru the night already. We stayed with Brady and Lauren for 2 nights and Evan's parents for one night.
Here's Grandma Carter and her great-grands: Seija, Jake, Beck, Elli, and Ashton
So sweet
Seija and her stylish shades : )
My big blue-eyed girl
Evan built this shelf for Seija's toys/books
She loves to mess with the DVD player and of course tries to tell us she wants to watch Baby Einstein
Can we say addicted?!
Her own lil theater
Well folks, the time has come to announce another pregnancy!! Many of you already know, but for those of you who don't, Seija will be a big sister around April 8th. I am now 11 wks along and have had my moments of not feeling great, but I know it could be a lot worse : )
This is a random picture, but for Evan and my 4th anniversary we decided to eat out at a place overlooking the Susquehanna River. It was a beautiful evening with perfect weather and we wolfed down some good food and enjoyed the views! We then thought we'd tour Harrisburg city seeing that neither of us have ever really been thru the actual city...
This was part of the capitol building...it was actually ginormous, went on forever and was really cool architect.
Cedarville Friends Reunion: 6 couples and our dear friend Jen rented out a house in western PA at a ski resort (which made for some reasonable prices). We have not all been together in a long time seeing that all the weddings happened last year, so this was an absolute blast reconnecting with everyone!! There were 3 kids to add to the bunch this year; Seija, Aria, and Caleb. So cute watching them together.
Hahaha, they were playing the game "Quelf" and yeah enough said...
I'm sure if you asked the kids their highlight, it would be baby einstein : ) Came thru for us once again when we needed a distraction for them
Garret and Katie's son, Caleb
LOTS of games were played!
We each took a meal and fended for ourselves for lunch- worked out really well and made for a cheaper trip!
So hilarious giving all three of them baths together

This past Saturday, we went to Chickie's Rock for a hike! Gorgeous fall day and yeah, I just love nature!
Very shadowy, but awesome view of the river
Stopped for awhile to watch the rock-climbers
Let's just say, this fall weather is doing my spirits a world of good! Fall-scented candles burning, open windows letting in a fresh breeze, apple sauce cooking over the stove, good christian music playing, and feeling quite cozy in my pj's- yes it warms my soul : ) Thankful that God chose to bless us with different seasons and all that they each bring.

































Loved this post! Seija is adorable and I LOVE the new shelf that Evan built. He is quite talented! It looks like it was bought from a nice store! I'm glad you could spend some great time w/ your friends. The anniversary date night sounded like fun. I've never been to Harrisburg either...(except for maybe the airport!) How pathetic, since we lived 30 mins from there our whole life. The hike looked like fun too. Love the fall indeed!! Can't wait to find out what gender you're having this time... =) --Meg
ReplyDeleteO my word, your trip with college friends looked like a blast! So fun! Seija is getting so big and I LOVE her little chair. I'm trying to find Pierce one for his 1st bday and I wanted to find one in more muted colors like yours...but no luck so far!
ReplyDeleteJenna I'm with you on having difficulty finding a chair that's not outrageous price...I have been wanting one for Iris' 2nd & 3rd birthdays but still haven't quite done it. I love seija's chair too:-)
ReplyDeleteHeather-thanks again for uploading to the blog, cuz I just LOVE reading it! first off you are beautiful! 2nd off, that trip with friends to the ski house must have just been an absolute blast! 3rdly, Seija & her baby Einstein movies is so funny to me, she is obsessed;-) That's nice that you have something to occupy her with if you need to get something done!! I love Evan's toy unit for Seija, how handy!! We have loved ours also. Harrisburg City & hiking both looked like such a great time, & I would have LOVED to be on that hike with you all or being one of those ppl doing the rock climbing-something I have been really wishing to do lately lol being completely honest, it looks so fun! HAPPY 2nd PREGNANCY-I'm sooo happy for you guys! Love ya